Columbus, Ohio Estate Administration Attorney
Following the passing of a loved one, the family often wishes for nothing more than to have time to grieve, collect their memories and legacies and move forward. However, this is often disrupted by the need to administer the estate. We take on the burden of estate administration. We work to alleviate the time, expense and stress associated with the process. For experienced guidance, please contact our Columbus, Ohio, law firm today and speak with estate administration attorney, Thomas Taneff.
Estate administration is essentially the process of tying up any loose ends that the decedent had before he or she died and transferring assets to future generations according to established wills or estate plans. If an effective estate plan has not been established which designates the individual’s intentions for transferring assets upon death, the state will make these decisions under Ohio’s intestacy laws.
As a former Probate Court Magistrate, Thomas has the experience and complex understanding of Ohio’s laws and procedures for estate administration. He advises executors, administrators or personal representatives through the entire estate administration process, including:
- Verifying the will through the probate court
- Collecting all assets (collecting and appraising real estate, personal property, life insurance policies, unpaid income and other assets)
- Determining liabilities (notifying creditors, verifying validity of debts, contesting invalid debts)
- Paying creditors (liquidating assets if necessary, paying remaining bills and valid liabilities)
- Filing estate taxes (filing state and federal estate taxes, paying taxes if applicable, filing final account of the estate)
- Asset distribution (distributing remaining assets to heirs according to beneficiary designation in the will or intestate laws, re-titling assets)
Our estate administration lawyer understands that the administration of a loved one’s estate can be emotional and overwhelming. We are dedicated to helping families through estate administration as quickly as possible so that they can move forward in life. We provide compassionate and efficient guidance through the estate administration process. If you are in need of an experienced Estate Administration Attorney in the Columbus, Ohio area, please call us today (614) 241-2181.
Getting Remarried? Better Update Your Estate Plan!
Around 40% of marriages are a remarriage for at least one of the spouses. Getting remarried can affect your estate plan. Many older adults are focused on making sure their grown children or grandchildren receive an inheritance. Without adjustments to an estate plan, a new spouse may inherit assets you intended for your children or grandchildren….
250 S. Civic Center Drive, Suite 210
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Phone: (614) 241-2181 | Fax: (614) 241-2160
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm